Tuesday, March 12, 2013

MaggieMoose: Spring-teen Party

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"


  Daylight is longer. Maggie's feeling the friskies. Yesterday she wanted to go outside a million times. Her trips weren't to stay outside and play, but to gather twigs of every shape and size, then bring them inside. Sunshine came in through the windows. Her look was of a teenager with that almost daring me with the twig in her mouth. Yes, I have a twig. What are you going to do about it? Tough look for a softy. A tiny treat exchange and the twig was mine.


Oh, the change in seasons is upon us. Flowers are starting to bloom. It's like Maggie and I have to re-calibrate our inner clocks to fit the outer clocks of longer days, sunshine and warmer weather. After our cold winter I almost feel like one of the mole people walking outside blinking my eyes towards the bright light. Shock aside, we're happy about the change in seasons. We'll be taking longer walks, and more walks. There will be less twigs as soon as I clean up the yard after our last storm. It all kind of reminds me of when my girls were younger. The credo back during their teen years was "keep 'em busy" to stay out of trouble. Sports was always good to be involved in. I think I'll sign Miss Maggie up for an Obedience refresher class. Until then, she'll be partying with all the Spring-teen twigs she can get her mouth on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment