Friday, March 8, 2013

MaggieMoose: Guard Dog Of A Different Kind

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
Audrey Hepburn


  I was busy at home. I heard Maggie make some grumbling noises. Not loud, these noises were low and guttural unlike her typical happy, chappy disposition. She was sitting there staring out the window. Maggie does like to watch her birds at the bird feeder. I asked Maggie what's wrong? Her head turns and looks at me like duh! Over here! I get up out of my chair and look out the window. Gosh darn it! It's a squirrel eyeing our bird feeder! I'm not crazy about having squirrels in the yard. I guess Maggie isn't either. I realized I have in Maggie a 'squirrel guard dog' there to protect her bird feeder. Squirrel, why our yard? After all, there are a million oak trees in our neighborhood and the grounds are littered with acorns a plenty. 


How does Maggie even know I don't like squirrels in the yard? I never told her, nor acted like I don't want squirrels in the yard. I guess somehow she perceives them as intruders. Maybe she read the packaging for the squirrel proof bird feeder. I did strategically hang the feeder in midair so, the squirrels physically couldn't access it. What kills me is I have been trying to get a photo of a 'squirrel siting' since early January. I wrote about these trials & tribulations in MaggieMoose: Temptation At Knotty Oak. Now, I can take a zillion photos because the dang squirrel won't leave! I bang the window. Splitzso-the squirrel runs away. Thanks Maggie for guarding your bird feeder. The birds came back to the feeder. We can see them again through our dirty, winter windows.


I checked the yard again by looking out the window down below on the ground. Tucked away under a plant was the squirrel eating a black sunflower seed. I guess the squirrel can be the clean up crew since he physically can't get a hold of the bird feeder. Plenty for all. Oh, and Maggie, she really is a guard dog. I don't let her friendly face give her away. Anything is pawsable. Thanks Maggie for guarding the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment