Thursday, September 6, 2012

Permanently Employed By My Dog's Ears

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job."

Dog is my co-pilot-dog hanging out right window

  I'm permanently hired for the job of scratching behind Maggie's ears in the morning. And her belly, and her paws. Well, just about all over my MaggieMoose's body. I love it. It's the kind of job where I find my bliss. I saw some other owners with great jobs over the weekend too. One is the cyclist whose German Shorthaired Pointer dog was his co-pilot, the other was Gus, a 110 lb Golden Lab who works at Lambert Bridge Winery with his owners. 

Then there was Ellie, a 6 year old Bernese Mountain dog who acted like "the nanny" to her three charges frolicking outside in Healdsburg, CA. Ellie reminded me of the dog portrayed as Nana from Peter Pan as she lumbered along following the three kids while they played. 
Ellie, a Bernese Mountain dog

Fast Forward: Then there is Maggie. She's waiting for me to throw her alligator toy for the 10th time. I have job security in those tosses. Gotta run, I've got work to do.....
Maggie & her alligator




No comments:

Post a Comment