Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back On-Exchange Program for Fall

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."

Maggie and the twig
 I was diligently working at my computer. I looked up. Maggie was just sitting there with a 10" twig hanging out of her mouth looking at me. A twig? Really? I chuckled to myself. I haven't seen Maggie bring in a twig for awhile. Fall is approaching, maybe that's why the sudden appearance of the twig. I reflected on her confidence of walking in the house twig in mouth, and planting herself right in front of me. How could I miss not seeing her? What a bold move executed in a quiet way. She commanded my attention. OK, we're back to the "exchange program". That's where I go get a little treat, ask her to "drop it" and she releases the twig. More like she throws the twig out of her mouth. Oh Maggie. How can I not smile? Maggie does common things (is this common?) in an uncommon way, grabbing my attention every time. I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment