Friday, September 28, 2012

Cozy Fits More Than a Teapot

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Everyone can identify with a fragrant garden, with beauty of sunset, with the quiet of nature, with a warm and cozy cottage."

Can I please get cozy?

  Maggie loves to get cozy. When she's had enough of the world she just wants to go to her favorite place-my bed. My beautiful quilt is covered with a Maggie proof fleece. It's the only furniture she's allowed on. No couch. No chair, nadda to the furniture. The bed is where Maggie will lay next to me (or her human siblings) and get cozy. I might be on my laptop, catching shows on the tele, or reading. At the end of the day when it's Maggie's bedtime, she goes in her crate. The other day I was in the hallway. I looked in my room. There was Maggie with her soulful eyes begging me to get on the bed for cozy time. Second choice for her is to at least let her get on the bed alone. I looked at her with the "No Maggie, not now" look. Since I don't let Maggie jump on the bed she has to wait for me to lift her 50 lb. bum up. She sauntered off to the living room to lay down in her own dog bed. Happily for Maggie, later I acquiesced. Cozy fits Maggie like on a teapot or in a painting of a warm and cozy cottage. 
Cozy at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment