Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Eye of the Tree At Guardsman Pass

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature."

Eye of the tree at Guardsman Pass, Utah (Empire Pass)

  Today Maggie will be surprised when I arrive back home after my trip to Utah. It's a very special day for me to be reunited with her and it's a very special day in Utah. It's Pioneer Day, a state holiday. This day celebrates the first pioneers as they entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847 with Brigham Young. After my road trip yesterday with my colleague I can see why they celebrate this special place. During the early evening hours a colleague and myself drove through both Little Cottonwood Canyon and Big Cottonwood Canyon in the Wasatch Range of Utah. It took us forever as we kept stopping to take photos, smell the mountain air, or watch deer leaping through the forests of Utah. It was breathtaking. No words can describe the magnificence of the unspoiled miles of nature we saw. Yes, we saw many ski resorts alone the way, but in between the glory of mother nature was so powerful it felt magical. Wait a minute, what's that sound? I think I hear a MaggieMoose calling me. I better start packing all my beautiful memories from the Wasatch National Forest. Thanks Utah for the gift of glory I experienced in the wealth of your mountains. It was SPECTACULAR!

View of Guardsman Pass, Utah
elevation~9,700 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment