Sunday, July 22, 2012

Roaring Like A Lion in Salt Lake City?

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep." 

Lion head

  I'm still out of town at the work conference. At the end of the day a colleague and I decided to stroll around the Morman Temple grounds of Salt Lake City. When I saw lion head statuaries lining a building's perimeter it reminded me of my mom. One of her favorite quotes is about how she rather live one day as a lion instead of a thousand as a sheep. It must be genetic. I feel the same way. It's kindred to the other saying "go big or go home". I think lions believe in pawsabilities like my MaggieMoose. Their roar certainly can stop one in their tracks. Meanwhile back home, the social butterfly Maggie is living the high life out visiting folks and mingling with the humans. I think I heard a roar coming from California....Maggie was that you?
me

Dusk at Morman Temple in Salt Lake City 

No comments:

Post a Comment