Sunday, July 15, 2012

Swamp People, Gators and Catahoula?

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking...."

Catahoula pup "Kyra" 6 months old

  The History channel's show Swamp People ended last Thursday night. It was a sad farewell to folks of great character from the Bayou. I was missing the gators too. A brief snapshot was given of the families of Troy Landry, R. J. Molinere or Liz Cavalier and more. I was mesmerized by their character, values, love of family, or helping the community. Plain and simple-enjoying life. These are the same values I was taught growing up. We are all different, yet the same. Maggie liked Bruce Mitchell's dog Tyler. Friday morning I went to the pet store to pick up some things for Maggie. I saw the cutest puppy. What was this breed? I found out she's a Catahoula pup. Catahoula what? Here I was missing the state of Louisiana only to discover I was meeting a breed who originated from Catahoula Parish in Louisiana! Life is good. It also turned out Kyra's owners family have an English Springer Spaniel dog like Maggie called LuLu. Yes, we are all different, yet the same. 
Kyra
After chatting and photographing beautiful and curious Kyra I went to get Maggie's food. Before my eyes I saw a chew toy I knew Maggie was going to like, a purple gator! Ok, in California we do things different, we have purple gators. 
Maggie's purple gator
Maggie immediately liked this toy. She carries her gator everywhere. She will only give it up for a ball or maybe a twig. Louisiana, you have our hearts from California. We might pay you all a visit. We are loving the Catahoula pup Kyra too.

No comments:

Post a Comment