Friday, June 8, 2012

Maggie: Find Out Who Your Friends Are

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are"


Maggie & Me

  Last night I had a bad dream. I dreamed Maggie went running off with some dog friends that she really didn't know. I called her name twice as I saw her run up the mountain side way out of my vision. I had a sick feeling of "loss". It overcame me. I called her again on the verge of tears. When I thought all was loss, Maggie came bolting back to me down from the mountain. I was overjoyed with love as we rumbled and tumbled on the ground from the 49.2 lbs impact of her Maggie self. It's ironic that yesterday as Maggie and I were cruising around I heard the song: Find Out Who Your Friends Are by Tracy Lawrence. Like the boots on my feet, you find out who your friends are. The cowboy boots belonged to someone special, given to another special person, and then given to me. They fit like a glove. They show on up with their big old heart like interwoven roots of a tree trunk. 
our friendly tree
PLAY: Find Out Who Your Friends Are by Tracy Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment