Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day for Fathers and Mothers

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."

My dad

  Today is Father's Day. Maggie and I celebrate all the fathers in the world. We also celebrate all the mothers who "are the fathers" as single parents. I raised my kids by myself. I saw it as having the bonus plan. I could celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day. It reminds me of Father's Day with BBQ. BBQ'ing was my father's favorite thing to do. He was very good at it! I'd give anything to have some of my dad's BBQ ribs.... Maggie celebrates her dad too. His name is Zack. I see her "Zackness" now and then in her. I know I act like my dad sometimes. I talked about that on Memorial Day. My dad like Maggie's dad let us watch how they lived instead of telling us how to live. I hope my kids think that by watching me they too learned how to live their lives. Happy Father's Day to all parents, no matter what gender you are! We celebrate you!

Maggie's dad Zack


No comments:

Post a Comment