Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cat Named Rachel Ann

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days. 

Rachel Ann looking cat

 Years ago I found a tiny black kitten wondering around a gas station crying in the night. This little kitten was about 5 weeks old. It was all alone so, I took it home. We named her Rachel Ann. She turned out to be a big boy with quite a personality. He also bonded strongly to my mom. "Rachel Ann" was the name my mom called him when he did his peculiar things. I remember my mom telling me the story about the "in the middle of the night" episode. The cat and my mom were living alone together. My father had long since passed on. One night in the middle of the night my mom hears someone going to the bathroom. She thinks this is impossible since she lives all alone. Slowly she creeps towards the bathroom and peeks around the door. Big, bad Rachel Ann is sitting on the toilet trying to flush the handle. True story. This cat was always up to human antics. Like eating my mom's left over popcorn without being seen...Who trained who? I think the cat had my mom trained to leave her leftover popcorn out for him. Also, to leave the toilet lid up so, he could use the facilities....Cats are like that. Their peculiarities steal your heart. Maggie thinks this is a funny story. She had me trained from the first hello lick.

No comments:

Post a Comment