Monday, February 25, 2013

MaggieMoose: Wishful Twigs & Thoughts

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thought we wish to dominate our lives."


  Maggie has a stellar mind. She sets her focus on something and badda badda boom it's done. Single minded purpose. I'm amazed at how quickly she snatches a leaf as we walk inside from the outdoors. In a nanosecond swoop-it's in her mouth incognito. Practicing this swoop over and over again has given her master skills. It doesn't stop there for Maggie. Twigs too. Right now we have the season of the multiplied twigs. One breeze here or there and the twigs are everywhere, including in our house.


Lately I have seen lots of wishbone shaped twigs. Is this a sign? I'm not sure if this has a higher meaning or not. Maybe Maggie wants to make a wish with me holding the other end of the twig? Kind of like how us humans use to do with the wishbone from the chicken or turkey. I remember as kids my brother and I were really into doing this wish making with the dried poultry bones. Serious business. Where did this tradition come from? No clue. We just believed in it, because we did it over and over again. Better yet, how does Maggie know about it? Well, Maggie drops the wishbone twig at her paws waiting for me to pick it up. What's the dominating thought here Maggie? Moose size pawsabilities? Whatever the answer, I'm game-let's make a wish Maggie! I still believe. WOOF WOOF


No comments:

Post a Comment