Thursday, February 21, 2013

MaggieMoose: Paige- Puppy Love Chronicles

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."


  Puppy ears-the best! When I first got Maggie as a puppy the one part of her body that was so easy to stroke were her velvety ears. She would lay across my lap and I would stroke her ears while she slept. We both liked that. Win-Win. Her sweet little vibes came back to me with each stroke. I imagine it was like being on the end of a good massage for her. Maybe comforting too. As an adult dog, in the winter the best thing Maggie loves is her ears being stroked. She comes in from the cold and sits next to me while I'm at the laptop. I stroke her now much bigger velvety freezing ears. I can feel them warm up. When her ears are warm she's ready to go find a toy. At nighttime she lays next to me while we spend time together and I play with her ears. Maggie melts. I might be partial to the velvety, plush feeling of English Springer Spaniels' ears, but my other dogs before Maggie loved their ears being stroked too. 


We both feel a special connection when we touch. Maggie loves the loving. She also hands me (or any human available) her paw to stroke. Foot massage? The paws are a whole other chapter! A touch of nature between two creatures makes our world kin. Sweet!

Maggie as a puppy
My what lovely ears you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment