Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MaggieMoose: Lexie- Puppy Love Chronicles

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
  On New Year's Day when Maggie and I woke up we didn't know we had a surprise in store for us. Back in Missouri a new batch of puppies were born at Maggie's breeder's. Smack dab in the middle of New Year's Day! Happy New Year's 2013! We thought how special is that? It took us back to when Maggie was a puppy roaming the farm lands of Missouri. Country life filled with running with the big dogs and then cozing up at night with mom and the other pups. Country girl Maggie's life changed when she came to the cosmopolitan burbs surrounded by country. Little Lexie's life will soon change. Some lucky human after they pick her will get licked all over as they breathe in that sweet puppy smell. Time marches on. Before Maggie, we had many rescue pups who ultimately went on to heaven. I wanted a pup to keep my old girl Annie young for as long as she had left. I got Maggie. Annie and her were the best of buds even if Annie was 3lbs and Maggie much bigger. They cozied up next to each other till Annie's final days. I thank God I had Maggie to help me with that transition. It did make it easier for me. Puppy's really are the best psychiatrist in the world. Maggie's licks back then and now always bring love straight to my heart. Her licks put a smile on my face. I look back at Maggie's puppy photos and she was the cutest bug. Just like little Lexie. Life goes on, but puppy love remains the same. It touches Maggie's and my soul every time we see a sweet puppy face. Lick Lick.

2011 Maggie with Asa as a pup

2013 Lexie with Asa

No comments:

Post a Comment