Thursday, January 24, 2013

MaggieMoose Credo: Live To Play

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Life must be lived as play."


  Maggie's three favorite things to do are walk, play, cuddle. Yesterday's trail of toys said what she felt on our rainy day. She lived to play. In every room in our house there were other smaller trails of toys where Maggie had either followed me or gone off on her own play venture. The best thing I did when Maggie was a puppy was teach her how to get her own toys out of her toy bin. It's called entertain yourself. If she looked bored I tell her go get a toy. She always pranced off like I handed her the most genius idea. Win-win. I felt good, and she felt good. 


When folks came to visit I'd warn them watch your step. As quick as the toys were cleaned up they were back. We have a daily land mine of toys. OK with me. Maggie is one happy girl chasing, chewing, snatching and sleeping with her toys. In the Depression era there was a slogan used called a chicken in every pot. It was used to highlight the then political party's promise of prosperity for Americans. In our home, it could be replaced with a toy in every room for the key to a prosperous play life. Maggie lives by the credo a life must be lived as play. I agree.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by! WOOF WOOF

    *Please come see us on Twitter @maggiemoosetrks or Facebook friend at: Mari Maggie Moosetracks (Or our page-MaggieMooseTracks)

    Sister blog: MaggieMooseTracks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete