Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The MaggieMoose Green Gator Talent Show

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:

"It is a happy talent to know how to play."
Maggie's new green gator toy

  Maggie loves her toys. As a puppy she was trained to go pick out her toys from her "toy bins" whenever she looked bored or wanted attention. I wanted her to know how to amuse herself without chewing on furniture or other non-puppy things. She use to have two toy bins in different locations of the house so, the toys were always handy. After she turned a year old I consolidated them into just one toy bin. All I have to  say is "Go get a toy." Maggie happily prances to her toy bin to get something to play with. I must admit my girl Maggie is really talented. She really knows how to happily play by herself or with others. No coaching needed. Yesterday I bought Maggie two new toys. A green gator and a brown rope toy. I casually dropped them in her toy bin. I sat down at my laptop not looking at her. She strolls over to the toy bin. First she picks out one toy. Green gator. She brings it back and drops it on the floor by my chair. Then she goes back to her toy bin and picks out another toy. Rope toy. She comes back to where I'm sitting and starts playing with her new toys beneath my chair. First the gator toy got a good chewing. Then it was the rope toy's turn. Chew, chew, chew. Maggie had the best time utilizing her amazing talent of knowing how to play. Oops, she went back to the gator toy....happy, happy, happy!

Maggie with rope and green gator toy

No comments:

Post a Comment