Thursday, August 30, 2012

Me And My Shadow-We've Got Us

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Like the wallpaper sticks to the wall
Like the seashore clings to the sea
Like you'll never get rid of your shadow
You'll never get rid of me

Let all the others fight and fuss
Whatever happens, we've got us."

 Me And My Shadow

  Maggie and are we're walking on a sunny morning. Our shadows were displayed across the grass in giant size proportions. It reminded me of the clever song Me And My Shadow. An old song. The British singers Robbie Williams & Jonathon Wilkes' version came to mind. As Maggie and I danced along the sidewalk looking at our shadows we felt happy. It was a bright, beautiful day out together with each other. My shadow was all bundled up in the early morning chill. On our walk Maggie's Springer Spaniel ears swayed back and forth with our quick pace. We felt good as a team out together. We knew we've got us.

PLAY: Me and My Shadow by Robbie Williams & Jonathon Wilkes

No comments:

Post a Comment