Tuesday, August 28, 2012

From The Throne of She Who Rules

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Loving one who loves you
Nice work if you can get it

And you can get it -- if you try
Who could ask for anything more?"

Maggie at work
  Today I thought about how Maggie curls up in her cozy bed when I'm at my desk. Her bed (or throne) is right next to my desk. I thought of the old  George & Ira Gershwin tune "Nice Work If You Can Get It". Catchy tune. It's a musical playing now on Broadway with Matthew Broderick & Kelli O'Hara. Maggie positioned from her throne of comfort knows she rules in slumber. Lovingly loyal she also knows who loves her. Still, Maggie rules the roost. Loving the one who loves you-yes, it's nice work if you can get it. Who could ask for anything more?
She Who Rules
Maggie and I like the tune sung on YouTube by Frank Sinatra & Peggy Lee. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment