Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cup of Tunes With Maggie

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water." Ray Charles



  First things first, the coffee goes on, and then the music plays. We listen to our local jazz station JAZZ 91.1 KCSM each morning we arise. This public FM radio station fills our soul with eclectic jazz. We appreciate the notes we hear as the piano keys softly play their chords. A cup of tunes matches perfectly with Maggie and Shirley Horn as she sings A Time For Love. In one hand my Hawaiian hazelnut cup of coffee. On my other side my coffee & cream colored dog Maggie. She likes the soothing sounds of our cup of tunes ritual. It fuels us for our day. A saxophone or trumpet's melody sings through our veins as we wake up and start vibrating. Maggie laying beside me chewing on her toy while I tap the keyboard of my laptop. Music is part of our circulatory system. It gets our hearts pumping. A pure necessity to start our day with a cup of jazzy java tunes we love with all our hearts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment