Thursday, February 16, 2012

To Trust or Not to Trust....like picking pedals from a daisy?

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone-but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy."


Vulnerable Maggie 

  Maggie trusts me to do what's right for her. Big responsibility, because she is vulnerable to the choices I make. One huge charge for me was finding a dependable, trustworthy, and skilled dog sitter who could walk and feed my precious Maggie while I'm busy elsewhere. I had a dog sitter before who didn't show up one night while I was away. That was the most painful thing for me to realize my dog didn't eat dinner or leave her crate as scheduled. Maggie sure was happy when I returned. That night was the first time she slept on my bed instead of in her crate. Maggie was traumatized.  She eventually got over it when her traumatic experience was filled with love by the name of Kendra. I hired Kendra of Kendra's Kritter Sitters. For me, like picking pedals off a daisy making choices sometimes is a paradoxical experience of vulnerability. Maggie LOVED and trusted Kendra the moment she met her. I couldn't keep Maggie away from Kendra! My dog knew a good thing. I had to trust that Kendra was able to meet Maggie's needs of someone dependable and reliable. Sure enough Maggie has spent many joyful moments walking with Kendra or spending time together. For me, the vulnerable trust I put in Kendra has paid off. Maggie is happy if I need to leave her care to another, which fills my heart with joy, because I know she's loved. Thanks Kendra!
Kendra 

No comments:

Post a Comment