Monday, February 13, 2012

Trailblazing

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

 Julie in the Serengeti (Pride Rock)

  I love the song about the windshield & the bug sung by Mary Chapin Carpenter:

Sometimes you're the windshield
Sometimes you're the bug
Sometimes it all comes together baby
Sometimes you're just a fool in love
  
  This song in its upbeat rhythmic tones encourages me to take one step forward and not worry about the one step backward. I love being the windshield. The view is far better than taking the backseat. I've been the bug too. Messy stuff. Then too, windshields can always be cleaned. I've raised my kids and now Maggie to blaze that trail, and not follow the path of others. Unlimited pawsabilities. When my daughter Julie went to Tanzania & Kenya for college studies abroad most college students were heading to Europe. In my eyes, Julie chose her life view as the windshield with her decision. I love that Maggie is always up for any new path too. She doesn't care if she gets messy. Me neither.

You gotta know happy - you gotta know glad
Because you're gonna know lonely
And you're gonna know sad
When you're rippin' and you're ridin'
And you're coming on strong

Sometimes you're the windshield

Trailblazing leads to better visibility. My and I will go where there isn't a path. Messy happens, but can be cleaned up. 


Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment