Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Treasures

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"The royal road to a man's heart is to talk to him about
the things he treasures most." Dale Carnegie
Maggie & breeder Sharon's grandson

  Last year when I was going to get my puppy Maggie I asked the breeder Sharon if she'd email me some photos of my precious treasure. She kindly sent me many photos taken with her grand-kids while I awaited her arrival. I treasured the photo of Maggie with the the all American looking boy with his big smile. Maggie was snuggled so close to him that looking at it melted my heart. L-O-V-E. I carried this photo with me. I showed people, and talked ad nauseum about my little Maggie (still do). When I wanted to smile I'd look at the photo again. I could hardly wait to receive this bundle of love seeped in love by Sharon's family members. I happened to be cleaning out my garden table when I discovered another treasure. A small 4" garden pot painted with love symbols all over it. It was a gift from my daughter Julie when she was in 3rd grade. There was still some soil clinging to the inside bottom of the pot. I can't remember what kind of plant she gave me with it, but I felt like I found the Mother Lode finding this little pot. Right next to me was my other treasure; Maggie, now a year old and chomping on twigs. Immeasurable in its depth of meaning of how rich I felt having little reminders of the big treasures in my life. Ask me about my dog Maggie or my family and you'll find the royal road to my heart. 




No comments:

Post a Comment