Friday, November 23, 2012

MaggieMoose: Black Friday, I'll Sleep, You Shop

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day: 
"Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space."

Black Friday shopping road trip

  My daughter Julie and I decided to go to JC Penny's for Black Friday. We blame the Ellen DeGeneres Show. Ellen said there were little buttons for big gifts! It is a "Merry Christmas America" from JCP. We wanted the buttons! I discussed it with Maggie, but she kept falling asleep. Maggie eventually vetoed the idea, but gave me the green light to proceed without her. No Bow Wow Friday for her (Black Friday in dog speak). Maggie wanted to work on her beauty rest. After all, the relatives are coming over later. She wanted to look her absolute best. 
Shop on, I'll sleep.
I left the house without Maggie. It was black outside like the color on the JC Penny's Black Friday ad. Julie and I were on our way. The parking angels were with us. BAM! We had a parking spot as soon as we entered. We stood in line with the rest of humanity waiting for the doors to open at 6:00 am. We tweeted about our JC Penny's shopping trip. The temperature outside was 40F .
Julie in line.
The doors opened and we were in! We picked out some shopping goodies and we headed to the counters. Julie got a reindeer button (nature girl). I got a Santa button (love Santa). 
Julie and her reindeer button
We shopped some more. I had one melancholy moment wishing Julie's twin sister Christy was with us, but she's out of state. Miss you Christy! Back to shopping, we each received another button. An elf for Julie and black coal for me. Black coal? Really? What the heck SantaI've been good! We were done shopping. Both of us hungry and tired. We drove home as we watched the sunrise. On the hill were two horses grazing, but the sun in the sunrise obscured their images. It was a beautiful way to wrap up our Black Friday blitz.
sunrise on the way home
When I arrived back home Maggie was still sleeping. The sun was shining. She was a happy camper I was back home. I showed her my buttons from JC Penny's. I went online and checked the numbers on my buttons. I didn't win anything. The coal button I could understand no gift, but the Santa button? What the heck? Only kidding. HO HO
My buttons
Maybe I'm like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz? I never really needed to leave home. I have everything here. I'm counting my blessings. On my Black Friday road trip I got to spend time with my wonderful daughter Julie, and I was welcomed home with lots of hugs and kisses from my sweet MaggieMoose! 

Maggie's wanting me to give her more kisses!

Happy Holidays JC Penny's, you have quality merchandise, great prices, but most of all excellent customer service. 
For the Ellen DeGeneres Show- It's OK I didn't win anything. 
I love my cute Holiday buttons!


No comments:

Post a Comment