Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fog, Crows And Worms

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Ron: staring in to a misty crystal ball > I don't need to ask her what this means. It's telling me there is going to be fog tonight."


  Today is the second day we're socked in with heavy fog in the morning. It's a fog hangover from last night. It reminds me of the Harry Potter novel when Ron Weasley looked into the misty crystal ball and predicted fog. Maggie and I continue to hear their repetitive "Caw, Caw, Caw" as they fly in groups to gather. They land one at a time on the tree branches. The pine tree hides the group in its thick needles. A solitary crow looked about as Maggie and I caught it on camera. In our neighborhood the black crows love the fog. It's damp. The crows love worms. When there's wetness on the ground the worms come out in abundance. Easy pickings. On our walk Maggie and I have to sidestep these big inch worms. The fog, the crows, and worms all sound like a set-up for a ghoulish Halloween. One day away.... 

Hey Maggie, I think I hear "trick or treat"? Get the gummi worms, the crows showed up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment