Thursday, April 26, 2012

Maggie: P.S. I Love You

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives."

 clouds holding the rain

  When I got off work yesterday I looked up at the sky. The clouds were like one big giant sponge filled with rain drops waiting to be squeezed out. I hurried home with a sense of urgency to walk Maggie, and go on some errands with her. Maggie is such a love sponge. I wanted to share her special MaggieMoose-ness with the folks in the pet store. Her cuteness gets her far, but it's the love oozing out of her that seals the deal with people. We went on our walk-no rain. We went to the pet store-no rain. While I'm at the pet store counter busy with the clerk a well dressed man in business attire came up to me stating how beautiful Maggie was. He asked if he could pet her? My answer was "....but,  of course!" I finished my transactions with the clerk. I turned around to get Maggie to heel and walk out of the store. To my surprise the man was on the floor of the store in his business clothes affectionately petting Maggie. She was sprawled out as if she was on our living room floor soaking up his affections while pouring out her love for him too. It was like a beautiful love song sung by Mel Torme. A pure velvet fog of loving embrace. Yes Maggie, p.s. I love you.....and others do too! Those big clouds might have squeezed those raindrops out once we got home, but during that magical time in the pet store it was raining love.
Maggie in the morning

2 comments:

  1. Maggie looks very cute in the morning.

    Stop by for a visit.

    Flynn and Roxy xx
    destructivepuppy.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there you two! Thanks for the sweet comment. ;)
    Please visit our other blog at: maggiemoosetracks.wordpress.com

    We will check your site out! :) :) woof woof

    ReplyDelete