Friday, April 13, 2012

Maggie Knows Best

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
Maggie

  There use to be a show on TV called Father Knows Best. The father in the show always had wise advise for his children. It was pure commonsense advise with a caveat of take it or leave it when you made your best decision. In our home we have a role reversal with my dog Maggie. I call it Maggie knows best. Somehow she always seems to know things. Like the other day when I didn't want to go on a walk, but Maggie's timing insisted we walk. I obeyed her and we went on our walk. Previous to her insistence it had been raining cats & dogs. I was prepared for the deluge. Surprisingly on our walk we only encountered a minute amount of sprinkles. Barely umbrella weather. Once we were home nice and dry the skies opened wide raining down elephants and zebras. Boy, was I glad I listened to Maggie! Or take the time when I must have been looking serious. She gave me those understanding eyes of hers. In her take it or leave it attitude of knowing what's best, she provided me with some levity. Her silly antics changed my mood instantly to one of fun & frivolity! Around here I give Maggie credit. Maggie knows best. When those special Maggie menu moments happen, I take it with a grin! 

PLAY: Theme from Father Knows Best (Don Ferris & Leon Pober)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment