Friday, April 6, 2012

Flight of the Bumblebee

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.

bumblebee in poppy

  When I was walking Maggie the other day I was in awe of the burst of poppies in bloom along our path. I could smell the fragrance of all the flowers while the birds sang in the trees. Life was full of beauty all around us. It was special. As Maggie and I continued walking I saw a bumblebee in an orange colored poppy. I took a photo, but discovered the bumblebee had flown out of the orange poppy. I looked at the light yellow colored poppies next the the orange poppies and there it was! I've always thought bumblebees were special. On our walk I was lucky enough to catch a photo of this special bee. As a child I use to catch bumblebees and honeybees. In the bee family, the bumblebee was the most treasured prize. Maybe that's why I'm allergic to bees today. I've had one too may stings from catching bees. Back then, as a child, I was living life to the fullest catching bumblebees. I fought for every bee I caught. It was not easy to catch them. In my eyes, they were and still are extraordinary creatures. Luckily for me I now have Maggie for my beautifully prized treasure. No stings shared from Maggie, just her extraordinariness!
Maggie, poppies, lupins, and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment