Monday, April 29, 2013

MaggieMoose: Surprise!

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us."


  The other day I showed up at the groomer's early to pick Maggie up. I was really lucky because I got to see Maggie up on the table getting her final trims and brushes. She was so happy to see me. Smiles were on my face too. I was amazed how much control she had remaining calm on the grooming table, because she was really excited. She had her wiggle butt under control. Maggie's inner voice must have said 'KEEP CALM & LOVE HUMAN'.


When her groomer Jesus walked away from the table for a minute Maggie sat perfectly still. Just like a poised young lady. That's my girl! Maggie's been going to the groomer's since she was 4 months old and had her rabies shot. Although she knows the grooming drill, she still gets so enthusiastic when I pick her up. Maggie shimmies & shakes all over their entry room floor. Surprises are good. Maggie and I like it when we're not expecting to be seized by the element of surprise. It's enough for Maggie to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle right on out of the groomer's springing with happiness right by my side!


No comments:

Post a Comment