Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MaggieMoose: Carmel Tails of Come To Me

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
Sweet and clear as can be:

"Come to me, here am I, come to me."
If you try, you'll find me
Where the sky meets the sea.
"Here am I your special island
Come to me, Come to me."


  When I went back to the Carmel beach I was transported back to memories of songs from South Pacific. Carmel's beaches have a beckoning feeling to them. The sand whispered Come to me.... like in the song Bali Hai. Dogs are welcome. The same magnificent tree that use to shelter my brother & I as kids was still there. We devoured many slices of salami with fresh deli cheese on french bread here. On this day it sheltered another family from the sun's bright rays while they picnicked. It'd be a good shade tree for Maggie where she could slurp up all the fresh water she wanted. 


Parts of the Carmel beach have more foot traffic then other parts. Everyone I witnessed was having a great time at the beach. Dogs wanting to befriend other dogs...


There are parts of the Carmel beach that are for the ones wanting a little less humanity or four pawed traffic. Either way, the sands of the beaches here have a special feeling to them you remember after you're gone. It's a special island of magic where the sky meets the sea. Maggie is going to love the Carmel beaches. She has her ball packed. The only question Maggie had was does driftwood taste like salty twigs?





No comments:

Post a Comment