Sunday, December 23, 2012

WOOF WOOF: Christmas Cheer From A Red Kettle

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."

 Dee

  Saturday morning Maggie's grandma and I had to do a run to the local Safeway store. It was rainy and windy. Awful weather. PGE trucks were everywhere in the neighborhood restoring power lines. I pulled up to the storefront to drop my mom off. I went to park the car. When I walked up to meet my mom in front of the store there was the most cheerful greeter. She looked so Christmasy in her red coat and knitted green scarf. "Merry Christmas" resonated in the air every time a shopper walked up. She was ringing the bell for The Salvation Army's red kettle donation container. Maggie and I LOVE The Salvation Army. We believe in charities actually giving their financial proceeds and time to the people or causes needing them. Salvation Army does just that and so much more....We have called up their services many times after culling our things. Maggie and I are going for a lean attitude towards our stuff. Who needs stuff? We got each other! Maggie concurs! WOOF WOOF. But, our stuff when sold can make a big difference to someone else's life or lives.... Dee is a wonderful representative for this awesome charity that leaves no one out. Maggie and I encourage others to read all the good the The Salvation Army does in the spirit of Christmas. Click on a link here for The Salvation Army. There is still time to help others that could use a little extra help. When we shop at JCP (JC Penny's) for our last minute Christmas gifts we intend to "round up" our purchases. The extra portion ($) goes to The Salvation Army's many programs. And to Dee, The Salvation Army, and all whom they serve, we say "Merry Twigmas!" J-I-N-G-L-E, J-I-N-G-L-E, we ring the bell of hope, mercy with peace & goodwill.






1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas,
    Very nice and informative post. Please keep it up. If you want to read merry christmas quotes for husband you have to see the link
    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete