Monday, December 17, 2012

MaggieMoose-ish Christmas Past

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time."

MaggieMoose Christmas 2011

  Maggie is getting very excited with the new Moose gifts pouring in. She sniffs and sniffs and sniffs them all. We have stuffed moose toys, moose ornaments and more. So MaggieMoose-ish! It takes me back to Christmas past. Looking at Maggie's 2011 photo at Christmas time with her elk antler makes me reminisce. I remember about her human siblings' Christmas past. I still have a photo of the twin girls taken with Santa in a key fob. When my daughter Christy saw Santa at different places she would tell me "That's not the real Santa, the real Santa lives at Stanford Shopping Center". I had to agree with her, the real Santa did use to live there before his big Christmas eve night. I saw the proof, his beard was real when she tugged on it while sitting in his lap. It seems like yesterday our book shelves were filled with Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie books....


As we reflect on those childhood memories Santa comes alive in our hearts. Maggie's friskiness during her first Christmas was great fun. I remember her being perplexed when the ornaments looked like her tennis balls. I could see the dilemma in her puppy mind playing out do I dare play with these? When she walked by the tree she was always doing a double-take looking at those Christmas ornaments. Hysterical. It's fun to become a child again at Christmas time. Maggie and I know where the real Santa lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment