Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1st is Lei Day with 101 Dalmatians

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Christy and Julie: 5 years old

  Today is my twin girls' birthday; May 1st. I was lucky enough to choose their birth date. May 1st is also Lei Day in Hawaii. I thought it fitting to choose Lei Day to honor my grandparents who spent many wonderful years living in Hawaii. Their years were spent embracing the people of Hawaii and sharing that hospitality with visitors to the island. My grandparents celebrated life. I wanted my girls to have their credo for living; celebrate life no matter what happens. When my girls were kids there use to be a Disney store at the local shopping center. Back then, a favorite book and movie was 101 Dalmatians. Dogs ruled. We celebrated their 5th birthday with 101 Dalmatians and bowling. My girls and I have gone through some rough patches together. Like my grandparents did, we've gotten through those rough times by focusing on celebrating our lives. My life has been doubly blessed by my girls Christy & Julie. I use to have a license plate holder that said: I'm Doubly Blessed-Mother of Twins. Today my girls and I are miles apart. Little Miss Maggie is holding the fort with her fewer spots than a Dalmatian, but she keeps me focused on celebrating life. Maggie and I say: Mahalo girls & Happy Birthday!

 Miss Maggie with fewer spots....



  

No comments:

Post a Comment