Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cloaked In Sunshine Kindness

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever."

Maggie in the morning

  I woke up this morning thinking about the kindnesses of others I received the day before. When Maggie and I stepped outside into the sunshine J. M. Barrie's words danced in my head; "Those that bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." I could tell Maggie knew what I was thinking. She's like that. She just gets me. The generosity I received yesterday from others however seemingly small was huge for me. It will change my life forever. Maggie's life will change too thanks to the ripple effect. Generosity has a way of living on and moving forward. For example; I have a Martha Washington geranium clipping growing in my garden. It was given to me years ago by a friend. Its beauty is a reminder to me of how these small acts of kindness continue to grow and help others grow. Maggie and I are thankful. We'll share the sunshine kindness with others so, their garden will grow too.

Martha Washington geranium
(also know as Regal Pelargonium)

No comments:

Post a Comment