Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Maggie Erin Morning

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

Maggie in the morning (5:00am)

  Maggie Erin is the name I gave my English Springer Spaniel dog on her AKC papers. It means "the pearl of Ireland". Our family's roots are Irish so, I had to bring Maggie into the fold by making her an honorary Irish lass. This morning is the last morning I'll see Maggie for awhile. I'm heading out to Washington, DC for my daughter's college graduation. Today like the others we wake up early. Not all the lights are on yet and it's still dark outside. I make my coffee, and sit at my computer. After Maggie eats she gets her tennis ball out for a round of chasing the ball down the hall. Today I couldn't get enough hugs & kisses from her 45 lb huggable body. Looking at Maggie standing by the pantry door, her hoping for a treat (sorry my lass-No is the answer), I felt a tug at my heart. Maggie will be staying with her dog walker's family while we're apart. As social as Maggie is she'll have a fun. But, I will miss her. So, with this heartfelt parting upon us I send Maggie off with another Irish blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you; 
May the wind be always at your back, 
the sun shine warm upon your face, 
The rain fall soft upon your fields, 
And until we meet again 
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
Maggie Erin in the morn

  

No comments:

Post a Comment