Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Walking and Talking


  Today my darling girl Julie is flying to her college home. Maggie and I will miss her so much. We enjoyed our summer with her and her boyfriend. Last night while the sun still shone we walked and talked on the Stanford campus. Maggie was full of herself as if she could pick up on Julie's exuberance while we were walking and talking. Julie is a blessing, just like my four paw girl Maggie. Precious moments can be found in such a short amount of time. A hug or a bunch of licks of kisses all translate into joy. 


  The house was a flurry of activity as Julie packed her things to ship to DC or to put in suitcases. Maggie loved navigating in the small spaces around her room with stuff splayed everywhere. She especially liked smelling the African scents on Julie's suitcases from her studies abroad last Spring. After all, Maggie is studying tracking the human scent. I can only imagine Maggie's quizzical nature churning thoughts of what is this I smell?


  Flurry aside, Julie headed out for her college life . After she left, the house exuded a stillness and quiet. I wasn't so sure I liked it as I loved having Julie home. Maggie and I will look forward to Thanksgiving when she'll return. Life will be bountiful, but then it already is because my gal pal Maggie and I have our memories of walking and talking with our best girl Julie. We love you Julie, you fill our hearts with joy.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment