Monday, October 10, 2011

Maggie Goes Wild Turkey

  While I work Maggie has the pleasure of taking walks outdoors with Marie of PreciousPetsHomeCare. Marie comes by to break up Maggie's day with some fresh air, a little exercise, and her heeding the basics of nature's call. As Maggie's mom I'm thrilled for Maggie to have such fun with Marie!


  Imagine Maggie's surprise when she crossed paths of a rafter of wild turkeys! Marie was so kind to send me photos while I was busy elsewhere to see Maggie's great adventure. I was thinking perhaps these turkeys should be hiding so close to Thanksgiving.... 


  Life in our little suburban paradise is always surprising. For Maggie, she gets to have adventures seeing new places with someone else besides me. How fun! I feel great knowing Maggie's in loving hands while I'm apart from her.
  I imagine with Maggie's curiosity and with her being a bird dog she must have been tickled pink to see the wild turkeys in her neighborhood. Of the animal kingdom, she sees squirrels, lizards, and lots of other birds on her daily walkabouts, but wild turkeys? Fortunately for her she misses the rattlesnakes, the raccoons and the red-tailed hawks as they fly above. 
  The way Maggie might feel about her new adventures with Marie the dog walker reminds me of that great book by Dr. Seuss; Oh! The Places You'll Go! 
  Looking ahead life is good for Maggie. Mostly Maggie's daily world is full of runners with baby joggers, folks cycling back and forth to work, and the lone walkers. The time she's with me is predictable & comforting for her. Yet, we do mix things up with new adventures together. Now with Marie spending a little time with Maggie she gets a whole new set of stimulus from the loving hands of another. Her world has gone wild turkey!

  While I'm busy elsewhere I'm now comforted knowing my best girl is out having fun seeing new sights like Dr. Seuss' book Oh! The Places You'll Go!:

 "Congratulations!

Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!"



No comments:

Post a Comment