Thursday, October 6, 2011

9 Months

  Maggie turned 9 months old last weekend (10/1/11). We've come a long way together with many changes on the home front. I thank God everyday I have this four pawed bundle of love. Thank you Sharon (breeder) for the best friend I could ever have. One daughter leaves home and Maggie is with me reminding me life is good. Another daughter leaves home and Maggie is with me reminding me life is good. Our family's beloved pet of 8 years passes on and Maggie is with me reminding me life is good. The third change was the most difficult for me. Maggie licked my face through it all. Now it's Maggie & I seeking to get our new groove on with our new pawsabilities. 

  Maggie and I are still in dog obedience classes; Intermediate, Level I. At 9 months I'm told these are the dog teen years. Dog "teens" are easier than human teens. Dogs & humans do have one thing in common in these teen years and it's called "selective hearing". Maggie will look at me as if thinking: I didn't hear a thing you were saying to me. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. No problem, right? So, when we're in dog class and she really just wants to play with the other dogs instead of learning; I forgive her. Half the obedience class goes by before she settles into learning mode. 

  Life is still good in the wild & woolly teens with my best friend. Maggie still licks me, she still loves to take walks, she still loves to eat, and she still loves to do all the things before teens happened. Her passion for life has taken on a new meaning. The tennis ball is her ultimate friend. She loves to fetch with the tennis ball, but then the other half of her doesn't want to let go of the ball. It just feels so right in her mouth holding it in her loving embrace. It's these funny things that endear her to me.


  Maybe when facing unlimited changes rapid fire we all just need something special in our lives to give us a secure feeling; for me it's Maggie. Maybe for Maggie in addition to me, it's her tennis ball? When I wrap my arms around Maggie and get licked & licked I know I'm OK. I feel very blessed to have my best bud at my side, tennis ball and all. That's the best part; feeling life is good again, and again no matter what we do or what happens to us. At 9 months and onward, life really is good with endless pawsabilities ahead.

WOOF, WOOF....
Click this link:
  Addendum: Thank you Christy for sharing this link with me:

No comments:

Post a Comment