Monday, January 20, 2014

MaggieMoose: To The Crazy Ones...One Twig At A Time

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." 


  Last weekend I attended a Vision Board Play Shop. After I created my vision board for 2014 from magazine cut-outs of images and words I reflected on 2013. A year ago I was in the same vision board play shop. I had a dream to write one book based on my muse Maggie, my English Springer Spaniel dog. On the vision board my dream went. I wanted to make a difference in children's (or adults) lives through my fictional adventure story telling. I was going to do this through a chapter book format with full color illustrations for ages 6 up. Maggie and I wanted a book with more than pretty fluff. We wanted our book to have substance of 'moose size pawsabilities'. We'd spread the word through Maggie's love of twigs since she was already read worldwide on six continents on all the social media venues totaling 174 countries... 


I finished my vision board. My friend across the table handed me one more magazine cutout of a quote. She said the quote was true for me. In bold, red letters the words stood out "The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." I couldn't read who the quote was from, because the font was too small. I pasted the quote on my vision board. In 2013, I wrote the 1st book: Book 1 MaggieMooseTracks® Making Friends, but I didn't stop there. I wrote two more books and then had one translated into Japanese. I continued on to create so much more, too lengthy for a short blog. It's all on our MaggieMooseTracks® website (which was also created in 2013). When I came home from the play shop Maggie ran in with a little twig hanging out of her mouth. I told Maggie '... you and I are the crazy ones and we are going to change the world, one twig at a time...' 


Before I went to write today's blog I Googled the quote my friend gave me about the ones who are crazy. The author was Steve Jobs. I should have known, an inspirational visionary from our neck of the woods. I promptly wrote his name on my pasted quote. Thank you Steve for blazing the trail for us crazy ones. One twig at a time living life with moose size pawsabilities around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment