Monday, May 20, 2013

MaggieMoose: Retro Ride

Maggie's pawsability thought for the day:
"Make new friends,

but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold."


  Maggie gave me the pitiful look. The look of 'let's shake it up' or in her simple words 'ROAD TRIP'. I put the leash on her and we took off for the MaggieMoose mobile (our 2011 Subaru Forester). Years ago as a kid on road trips my family sang songs like 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Gently down the stream...Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.... ' I can still hear my dad's deep voice starting us all off on our 4 person chorus. I asked Maggie what she wanted to sing, but before she could answer we saw the old classic car. 


WOW, what a beauty! We aren't car aficionado folk, but when we saw this magnificently restored car it took our breath away. Love went into that baby. It was then I knew the song for us to sing; Make New Friends. It's about the old and the new, both precious. As I kid I learned this song in Girl Scouts and it stayed with me, like an old friend. Hit it Maggie: Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other gold.... Finally on the open road we saw another classic car. Maggie, have we gone retro? We liked this spiffed up sparkling beauty. Let's go traveling! Retro ride Maggie.


For my old Girl Scout memories of gold, here's some new friends of silver: Troop 970 singing Make New Friends in American Sign Language (ASL). 
Hit it Troop 970!
CLICK Youtube: Make New Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment