Thursday, December 22, 2011

An Affair to Remember....MaggieMoose style


  In the movie An Affair to Remember a couple (actors Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr) meets, falls in love, and agrees to meet six months later on top of the Empire State building....the cliff hanger: will it happen? One never knows around the next trail who you will meet. Less than a week ago Maggie met Jack.



  Maggie and I were out taking a quick walk when she alerted me a dog and his owners were approaching. Her enthusiasm seeing this dog was noticeable to me. It wasn't like previous dog encounters. I visualized in an instant what it feels like seeing a long lost family member or friend. Maggie wiggled her Springer bottom back & forth with excitement. 

  I removed my sunglasses to get a better look at the dog. 

  I asked the million dollar question "Is your dog an English Springer Spaniel?" 

  A resounding "Yes" was replied.

  Jack is a black & white English Springer Spaniel. He's an older, rugged looking male with a calm demeanor. He was friendly, yet carried an air of indifference at our first encounter. I'm sure there's much more to Jack.

  Kindred folk; both dogs and owners. Maggie and I were so excited meeting them. Maggie lives in an area dominated by Golden Labs, Golden Retrievers and lately.... Labradoodles. Seeing other English Springer Spaniels is rare for our neighborhood. 



  We exchanged pleasantries. I took photos. Maggie was so happy meeting Jack. It was very special for me too. They were like old friends. I gave Jack's owners Maggie's card with her blog & email address encouraging them to stay in touch since they live close by. 

  I asked "Maybe we can walk the dogs together sometime?" 

  I think I heard a "Yes".

  No word yet. Maybe the memories of our encounter will hold like the clip from An Affair to Remember when Cary Grant agreed to meet Deborah Kerr? 


  Or like the female lead in the story....maybe something will keep Maggie & Jack apart? 

  Then too, perhaps Maggie and Jack will be reunited like the final scene in An Affair to Remember. Drum roll... Cary Grant discovers where Deborah Kerr lives, and the reason they were kept apart, never to meet six months later in the Empire State building.... 

  At times life is complex. More than the simple act of a chance encounter as when Maggie met Jack. We believe the pawabilities are endless.... 

  To Jack and his family:

 "We wish you a Mari Maggie Christmas & A Happy New Years!"







No comments:

Post a Comment